Whole smartphone market swirls around the whole bundle of the names and figures which describe the experience of viewing various creations and innovations of this rapidly growing industry on your smartphone display screens. These screens exist in a profound way and have a great range including ClearBlack, Retina, AMOLED, 1080p, super sensitive, and so on.
Some of the designs are becoming the marketing monikers which are made up to benefit to one company while few of them are very scientific. This is not to be mentioned that the sparkly names such as Apple’s Retina screens are less viable and hollow, but sometimes the trademarked companies present the unusual procedure which is quite technical to be explained.
To put things in a simple way, here are few common things which have a concern for the smartphones screens and few other factors that really can make your phone’s display a standout amongst the list of thousands, like the physical screen accessories, OLED benefits over simple LCD, color patterns, and pixel information.
Before going into the details, it is important to consider the composition of a smartphone screen. A simpler version of a smartphone display is composed of few layers of the matter, starting from the backing material to a lighting element, covered with a TFT layer, which is further provided with the display’s shinning material.
Common smartphone screens
There are some commonly used smartphone screens with a brief intro of each one of them:
- Retina Display: Apple’s new invention which works for the 1,136 x 640 pixels’ resolution
- HD Super AMOLED: is the Samsung’s modern and highly defined smartphone screen display, which makes use of the OLED technology
- 1080p: This is the most common high-quality screen resolution, which can work up to 1,920 x 1,080 pixels’ resolution while providing full HD display
- 720p: This is the low defined display design, having 1,280 x 720 pixels’ resolution
- ClearBlack: is the Nokia’s brand display which works with an antiglare filter, which is applied to mobile screens
- Supersensitive or Ultrasensitive: This a brand new technology which allows you to work with touch screen using your finger nail or even with gloves
- PureMotion HD+: is the Nokia’s display with 1,280 x 768 pixels’ resolution and has got numerous features
- Super LCD: This is the name of product which defines an LCD screen in a better way and is made up with a very certain method
- IPS: is the type of LCD screen which is famous for generating much clearer and high-quality imagery. It offers a wider display angle and many other features. It is implied many modern smartphones.